Immigration Direct

Form Services - Simplifying Immigration®

Immigration Direct Forum | immigrationdirect.com

Immigration Direct is not involved in the conversations between users of this forum and does not edit, modify, monitor, endorse or guarantee the content of forum posts. See Terms of Use.

Green Card Renewal Process

Posted 7/9/2012 12:16:09 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 7/12/2012 12:52:57 AM
Hi, 

I had a few questions before I submit my application online for my green card renewal process.

I wanted to know:

1) What are the step by step processes that happen after I submit my online application?

2) What documents are usually required, if asked to submit any?

3) Do I need someone to sponsor me, even though I have been a permanent resident since 1992 and older than that?

4) What are the application fees/charges?

Please advise if I need to know anything more about this process. I just want to ensure, I know everything before I apply, apart from the above questions I had. 

Thank You. 
Post #8714
 Posted 7/9/2012 12:36:42 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 10 hours ago
There is a page on this site that gives the step by step. I think the only document required will be your current green card, though they may want other identification. I think a sponsor is no longer needed at this point, but I'm not certain. The USCIS fee is $450 (including biometrics). 
Post #8718
 Posted 7/11/2012 2:00:53 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 9/18/2013 9:53:28 PM
After you put in your application, you should get a receipt that they got it within a couple weeks. From there, you can look on the USCIS web site with your receipt number to see what the status is.
Post #8732
 Posted 8/8/2012 12:06:51 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 8/8/2012 10:01:40 AM
deepsm25 (7/9/2012)
Hi, 

I had a few questions before I submit my application online for my green card renewal process.

I wanted to know:

1) What are the step by step processes that happen after I submit my online application?

2) What documents are usually required, if asked to submit any?

3) Do I need someone to sponsor me, even though I have been a permanent resident since 1992 and older than that?

4) What are the application fees/charges?

Please advise if I need to know anything more about this process. I just want to ensure, I know everything before I apply, apart from the above questions I had. 

Thank You. 

Tags:
Post #8943
 Posted 8/9/2012 6:42:58 AM
Supreme Being

Ginny, if you scroll up and click on the words "step by step" in my previous post, it will take you to the page that includes the step by step information about the process. Good luck!
Post #8955
 Posted 8/13/2012 3:17:58 PM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 8/13/2012 3:56:33 PM
Hi,

After sending your application to the USCIS, you can expect to receive an Application Receipt Notice with a 13-character Application Receipt number within 90 days. This Receipt Notice is the proof that USCIS has received your application and that it is being processed. You may use the number on the receipt to check the  status of your application while it is pending.

PER USCIS, the next steps in your application process:

Within approximately 90 days, you should receive a notice from USCIS requesting that you appear at a local Application Support Center (ASC) for biometrics processing. The address of the ASC will be listed on the notice. At the appointment, an Immigration Officer will take your fingerprints and your photograph.

The appointment notice will include a specific day and time when you should appear at the ASC. The notice will instruct you to take your original appointment notice as well as your valid, government issued ID, such as your driver's license or passport. You should also bring your expiring or expired Form I-551, Alien Registration Card (Green Card).

So, with regard to your I 90 application that was e-filed you need to wait till the USCIS gets back to you with a notice of action.

This notice of action will contain information about your interview ,biometrics and supporting document if any.

They may request more information or evidence or may request that you appear at a USCIS office for an interview.

If you do not hear from the USCIS within thirty days of having submitted your application, you can contact them at their toll-free telephone line 1-800-375-5283.

If you have your receipt number and would like to check on the status of your case, please visit http://www.immigrationdirect.com/uscis/uscis-status.jsp and select the link entitled “Case Status Online.”

If you do not have a receipt number, you can find out how long USCIS is taking to process certain applications by clicking on “Processing Times” which is listed on the USCIS “Case Status Online” page. Processing dates are categorized according to the type of application you filed and the location of the USCIS Service Center where your application was filed.

Thanks,

Peter Parker

Edited: 8/13/2012 3:41:44 PM by Peter Parker
Post #8974
MP
 Posted 8/18/2012 2:27:36 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 8/22/2012 1:40:09 AM
Hi

In Green Card renewal process, after biometric process time is completed after that in  how much time need to receive new green card?

Anybody has this information please reply.

Thank you
Post #8997
 Posted 8/19/2012 5:40:41 AM
Supreme Being

It can take a couple months to receive your actual card, but once you have been approved, your letter of approval will work for proof until the card arrives, so you should be fine.
Post #9006