Immigration Direct

Form Services - Simplifying Immigration®

Immigration Direct Forum | immigrationdirect.com

Immigration Direct is not involved in the conversations between users of this forum and does not edit, modify, monitor, endorse or guarantee the content of forum posts. See Terms of Use.

Posted 1/10/2012 4:55:56 AM
Forum Member

Forum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum MemberForum Member

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 5/12/2012 12:40:29 PM
I'm going to send my I-485 form. I have some questions though. Here they are;

What does it mean C/O (In care of)??
A#? ( I have one from the notice of action of the I-130: it hasn't been approved yet.) Should I put it?
Current USCIS status? I don't know if I should put blank due to my overstay.

Can anyone explain to me A and B from part 2?

I came here as a tourist, should I put visitor?

Were you inspected by a U.S immigration Officer? what do they mean by that?

What's the USCIS ALIEN NUMBER?

by the way.. the biometrics services and the medical examination, do you them after you have send the form? does ucis tells you when to get it?

that's all :) thanks.

Edited: 1/10/2012 8:46:38 AM by Danae9000
Post #6822
 Posted 1/10/2012 3:36:54 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:53:16 PM
Firstly, are you sure you qualify to adjust status? You had mentioned you came here on a visitor visa. Did you get married to a US citizen after coming to the US? Remember that a visitor visa is a non-immigrant visa which means that your stay in the US is for a temporary period. Let us know these details and we will be able to help you better.
Post #6838
 Posted 1/10/2012 10:16:59 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 2/28/2012 9:15:41 PM
Danae9000 (1/10/2012)

A#? ( I have one from the notice of action of the I-130: it hasn't been approved yet.) Should I put it?

by the way.. the biometrics services and the medical examination, do you them after you have send the form? does ucis tells you when to get it?

Hi there,

Mind you, visitor and tourist visa are two different types. Adjusting to one to another may require some paper works and eligibility.

US Passport Renewal - Green Card Application"
Post #6841
 Posted 1/10/2012 10:52:26 PM
Supreme Being

Last Login: 5/19/2012 2:59:22 AM
Hi there,

Probably there may be a way to adjust a visitor to tourist or vice versa. Immigration lawyer usually have the best answer.

Uploads/Images/1966ffa9-bebe-41ef-8a7a-fe40.png
US Passport R
enewal - Green Card Application
Post #6849
 Posted 1/11/2012 2:30:23 PM
Supreme Being

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 8:53:16 PM
George, Anthony,

I do not understand changing status from tourist to visitor visa.

The B-1 visa is for foreign nationals entering the US to engage in business activities other than productive employment.

B-2 visa context is described as legitimate activities of a recreational character including tourism, amusement,
visits with family or friends, rest, medical treatment, or activities of a fraternal, social, or service nature.

Though they come as B1 and B2, they fall under B classification and there is no need to change from tourist to visitor and it is not possible to do so.  Though you can change from B status to another non-immigrant status, it can raise suspicion as to the applicant’s original intent upon initial entry.  Under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP), citizens of 35 countries do not need to obtain B visas.
Post #6871
 Posted 1/12/2012 11:29:57 AM
Supreme Being

Last Login: 11/18/2012 11:57:54 AM
Danae9000 (1/10/2012)

Yes, that means in care of. It means that you are staying at that address, but it does not belong to you (you are not owner or renter).

What number is it asking for, specifically?

Honesty is the best policy. They will see that you have overstayed anyway.

I don't know; hope someone else can help.

If you came as tourist, put tourist, I think.

Have you been interviewed? Maybe it isn't that but that seems like it would be the only thing that makes sense.

Do you have a number on your visa? Maybe that is it?

Yes, they will tell you when your appointment is for biometrics.
Post #6874
 Posted 8/2/2012 2:25:36 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 8/2/2012 2:53:48 PM
My Husband just became a US citizen and wants to petition for his mom to become a permanent resident alien. The whole family came in with i-586 which expired in 2008. I'm on form i-131. She is not leaving the states till she becomes legal. He is adjusting status for her. What do I put in box "class of Admission", on part 2 what box # should I Check and Part 3 since she is not leaving any time soon, what to put in 1. Date of Intended Departure and 2. Expected Length of Trip, and what does advance parole mean?

Tags:
Post #8892
 Posted 8/3/2012 12:56:04 PM
Supreme Being

Last Login: Yesterday @ 12:49:15 PM
If his mom is here illegally at the moment, she may not have a choice whether or not to leave the country. Class of Admission refers to the visa used to enter the country. And, the date of intended departure and length of trip would appear to be "n/a" (not applicable). Since she does not intend to leave the country, advance parole (permission to travel) will not be necessary.
Post #8900