Immigration Direct

Form Services - Simplifying Immigration®

Immigration Direct Forum | immigrationdirect.com

Immigration Direct is not involved in the conversations between users of this forum and does not edit, modify, monitor, endorse or guarantee the content of forum posts. See Terms of Use.

how long it takes to receive replacement green card

Posted 1/5/2012 12:13:14 PM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 1/6/2012 3:13:50 AM
my brother applied for renewal of his Green Card does anyone know how long will be before he get his replacement card.

also is there any way to check online or by calling if the card has been mailed

Can I check or does he have to do it.

Thank you for you help
Post #6764
 Posted 1/5/2012 11:29:05 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 16 hours ago
If he has a receipt number, he should be able to check out the current status of his application on the USCIS.gov web site. How long ago did he send in his application?
Post #6766
 Posted 1/6/2012 3:20:19 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 1/6/2012 3:13:50 AM
LibertyBelle Ty for  the quick replay...

He did his paper work on Aug. 11 2011

I'll check with him about the receipt number

you said that he can check on USCIS.gov   can you be more specific I'm looking at the website and there is a lot there

Thank you again.
Post #6768
 Posted 1/6/2012 8:35:34 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 8/22/2012 4:25:10 PM
Checking application status: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/Dashboard/CaseStatus.do

You will need to renew your green card if it is within six (6) months of expiring. Replacement process takes time, generally 3-10 months or more it all depends on the case plus information provided.

Tags:
Post #6769
 Posted 1/23/2012 7:36:11 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 5/31/2012 1:46:09 AM
my friend's 2 years green card was experied about 2 years ago, can he renew his green card and how long its gonna take?
Post #6968
 Posted 1/24/2012 1:31:51 PM
Supreme Being

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 9/29/2014 8:06:12 PM
viktoriya (1/23/2012)
my friend's 2 years green card was experied about 2 years ago, can he renew his green card and how long its gonna take?

What was your friend doing all these 2 years? Was he in the US or went back home? If he is in the US,it means he is here illegally. The late filing can be excused if your friend can prove in writing to the director of the appropriate Service Center that there was good cause for failing to file the petition on time. The director has the discretion to approve the petition and restore permanent resident status. Since your friend is late by 2 years, I don't see a break in the clouds
Post #6989