Immigration Direct

Form Services - Simplifying Immigration®

Immigration Direct Forum | immigrationdirect.com

Immigration Direct is not involved in the conversations between users of this forum and does not edit, modify, monitor, endorse or guarantee the content of forum posts. See Terms of Use.

E-filed I-90 - Supporting documentation?

Posted 9/1/2011 8:37:40 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 9/11/2011 5:11:07 AM
Hello!

My Green Card expires in December of this year. I just e-filed the I90 form and paid the fees online.  The cover sheet of the pdf. printout states "Send supporting documentation to the address below if required"

I cannot seem to find anywhere what documentation (if any) I need to send snail mail. Is it possible that they will only require my biometrics in addition to the e-filing?

My situation is fairly uncomplicated, I think:

Green card by marriage issued in 1998
Conditional status removed in 2000
Divorced in 2005 :( but I kept my married name (we have 2 children) so no name change needed.

I am worried about not submitting something they need me to snail mail....

Thank you!
Post #4651
 Posted 9/3/2011 6:10:05 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Last Login: 9/16/2011 1:37:55 AM
Have you looked at the .pdf document that gives instructions for filling in the normal snail mail application form? It normally tells you there what to send.
Post #4665
 Posted 9/3/2011 6:39:13 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:42:51 PM
The USCIS does provide clear instructions for this form, and it all depends on which box your checked when you filled out the form. 

If you checked box 'b':

A copy of your Form I-797, Notice of Action, that you received for your previously filed Form I-485, Form I-751, or Form I-90.

There are also special instructions for box 'd', or if you are replacing an expiring card you submit a copy of the old card-so you need to visit the USCIS site for the I-90 instructions and see what is applicable to your situation. 
Post #4670
 Posted 9/5/2011 1:26:31 AM
Forum Newbie

Last Login: 9/11/2011 5:11:07 AM
The pdf. doesn't tell me what to send....

As for "box b" do you mean in the Part 2 Application Type page? In Q1 my status is box A (Permanent Resident) not box B.  If you mean in Q1 - then I checked box F (my existing card will expire in six months or has expired already)

I cannot imagine what paperwork they would require.

Thanks!

Edited: 9/5/2011 1:31:14 AM by kerrywolf
Post #4702
 Posted 9/5/2011 5:38:50 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:42:51 PM
The instructions PDF does tell you what you need. 

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-90instr.pdf

Application type, section F. In your case you are required to submit a copy of your expiring green card.
Post #4703
 Posted 9/6/2011 12:08:53 AM
Supreme Being

Last Login: 5/19/2012 2:59:22 AM
kerrywolf (9/1/2011)
Hello!

My Green Card expires in December of this year. I just e-filed the I90 form and paid the fees online.  The cover sheet of the pdf. printout states "Send supporting documentation to the address below if required"

I cannot seem to find anywhere what documentation (if any) I need to send snail mail. Is it possible that they will only require my biometrics in addition to the e-filing?

My situation is fairly uncomplicated, I think:

Green card by marriage issued in 1998
Conditional status removed in 2000
Divorced in 2005 :( but I kept my married name (we have 2 children) so no name change needed.

I am worried about not submitting something they need me to snail mail....

Thank you!

Hi Kerry  Wolf,

It is odd for the immigration department to send an immigrant with incomplete instructions which lead to questioning themselves as what to do. Anyway, the PDF that you have receive, or the email, should have the detailed instructions on which document to submit back to them.

Uploads/Images/1966ffa9-bebe-41ef-8a7a-fe40.png
US Passport R
enewal - Green Card Application
Post #4711
 Posted 9/6/2011 12:29:21 AM
Supreme Being

Last Login: 2/28/2012 9:15:41 PM
Kitty (9/3/2011)
Have you looked at the .pdf document that gives instructions for filling in the normal snail mail application form? It normally tells you there what to send.

Hi there,

Follow Kitty's advice. The immigration department will always provide the details of the instruction on anything they require. This way both party will have easier time.

US Passport Renewal - Green Card Application"
Post #4715