Immigration Direct

Form Services - Simplifying Immigration®

Immigration Direct Forum | immigrationdirect.com

Immigration Direct is not involved in the conversations between users of this forum and does not edit, modify, monitor, endorse or guarantee the content of forum posts. See Terms of Use.

DO I HAVE TO RENEW MY GREEN CARD

Posted 3/8/2011 2:02:12 AM
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: 3/8/2011 1:55:40 AM
I applyied for us citizeship and I got the letter where they got my application and money orders. Somebody told me that I wasn't going to need to renew my green card if expires after I send my application. My green card expires the 23 of march of this year...... Can somebody tell me that I will be fine without renewing my greeen card????
Post #1649
 Posted 3/8/2011 6:05:38 AM

Junior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior MemberJunior Member

Last Login: 3/11/2011 7:19:05 AM
It depends on when you applied for naturalization. If it was more than six months before the green card expired, you do not have to renew. If it was less than six months before expiration, you need a new one.
Post #1657
 Posted 3/18/2011 1:33:30 AM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 1/5/2012 12:45:48 AM
I think you have to renew. But you have to check it first.

I 751 Forms, US Visa Application, US Visa Extension, I 539 Forms
Post #1821
 Posted 3/18/2011 1:07:50 PM
Supreme Being

Supreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme BeingSupreme Being

Last Login: 4/25/2012 9:49:45 PM
Vycky (3/8/2011)
I applyied for us citizeship and I got the letter where they got my application and money orders. Somebody told me that I wasn't going to need to renew my green card if expires after I send my application. My green card expires the 23 of march of this year...... Can somebody tell me that I will be fine without renewing my greeen card????

I think, you need to verify the status of your green card by contacting a representative from USCIS. They may help you with several things that bothers you regarding your application
Post #1826
 Posted 4/7/2011 2:40:07 PM
Supreme Being

Last Login: 5/19/2012 2:59:22 AM
Vycky (3/8/2011)

It is like any license, you do need to renew your green on or before the expiration. I am not really sure if they will give you fines if you are not able to renew your green card at a given time period, but usually in licenses they do. Check Immigration Direct regarding this matter, they do know what to do especially on how to renew green card.

Uploads/Images/1966ffa9-bebe-41ef-8a7a-fe40.png
US Passport R
enewal - Green Card Application

Tags:
Post #2111
 Posted 4/27/2011 3:15:15 PM
Supreme Being

Last Login: 11/10/2011 8:08:32 PM
It Depends upon the filing of your Naturalization Application,If you have applied more than six months prior to your green card's expiration.Until these Changes, You need not apply to renew your green card.If it is less than Six Months means,you need to apply and pay the filing fee for renewal of your expiring green card and also ensure that you have evidence of your legal status.

Tags:
Post #2344
 Posted 8/24/2011 11:43:48 PM
Supreme Being

Last Login: 2/28/2012 9:15:41 PM
Vycky (3/8/2011)

Hi,

I think renewing your green card is applicable since your citizenship notification already arrived.

US Passport Renewal - Green Card Application"
Post #4398
 Posted 8/25/2011 4:22:32 AM
Supreme Being

Last Login: 8/22/2012 4:25:10 PM
If you are eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship, you can submit the U.S. citizenship application instead of renewing your Green Card. You can apply for U.S. citizenship by filing Form N-400. It will probably take you over a year to get U.S. citizenship. If you change your job or travel, it is recommended that you renew your card.

Tags:
Post #4401
 Posted 9/9/2011 8:00:03 PM
Supreme Being

Last Login: 11/10/2011 8:08:32 PM
You told like it can take over a year to get U.S.Citizenship, since my green card has expired, what i have to do for 1 year time interval.Shall i apply for GC renewal or wait for the U.S.Citizenship?

anderson24 (8/25/2011)
If you are eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship, you can submit the U.S. citizenship application instead of renewing your Green Card. You can apply for U.S. citizenship by filing Form N-400. It will probably take you over a year to get U.S. citizenship. If you change your job or travel, it is recommended that you renew your card.
Post #4775
 Posted 9/9/2011 11:20:29 PM
Supreme Being

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 10:42:51 PM
You should have been sent some kind of receipt of application to verify that it was received. Does that not act as proof for you? You should not have to reapply for the green card.
Post #4782